New Orleans Memories: A Tribute in Words & Pictures

Before my memories of New Orleans are displaced by a flood of disaster images and articles on lawlessness and global warming, I want to share them. So we can remember the city that means so much to so many people. As I search for my favorite people and places, I find them alive and well online. New Orleans just may become the first Internet city, exiled in cyberspace. I will do my part in this electronic rebuilding by adding my shrine and lighting a few candles. New Orleans will live on.

9/03/2005

My Egyptian Wedding Robe




Me in 1996 at Kaldi’s Coffeemuseum in the French Quarter. I was wearing what I called my “Egyptian wedding robe,” a flamboyant red, green & gold robe that I bought from a transvestite who was having a garage sale on Frenchman Street. I paid $3.00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home